[IPython-user] Ruminations on Leo + IPython

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Tue Jan 29 13:23:01 CST 2008

On Jan 29, 2008 8:57 PM, Flavio Coelho <fccoelho@gmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting ideas,
>  Leo is the editor that I "would love to love (and use)" but can't really do
> anything useful with it...
> Maybe if you can get it integrated with Ipython, I will finally be able to
> use it

Do not make the mistake of trying to develop a program with it ;-)

Using it for programming requires drinking a dose of 'literate
programming' kool-aid, which may not be your cup of tea (esp. if you
are trying to start with an existing code base).

However, try to use it like I do - to maintain notes & organize your
thoughts. I currently do defect-fixing as my day job, so I have nodes
for all my defects, and I attach bug tracker notes, emails, call
stacks, chat conversations etc. to the defects to have them neatly
organized.