[IPython-user] Really annoying Leopard cursor bug demonstrated and solved!

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Jan 29 13:41:29 CST 2008

On Jan 29, 2008 11:24 AM, Richard Bronosky <BrunosJunk@bronosky.com> wrote:
> I have posted a ShowMeDo video that demostrates what happens when
> IPython is used on Leopard without readline.  I realize that the
> solution to the problem is from the IPython/Scripy site, but I'm just
> trying to make it easier for people to find it.  For most Mac users,
> having a problem where the cursor goes crazy in a terminal window is a
> daunting scenario.  I know it was for me, and I am a Linux terminal
> fiend.
>
> If this helps one person, my time invested is worth while.
>
> http://showmedo.com/videos/video?name=1700000&fromSeriesID=170
>
> IPython is the reason I favor Python over Ruby.  When IPython wasn't
> working,  I felt lost.

Great, thanks!  Your wiki account should now be up, so feel free to
update the Leopard info page with a link to this.  It would also be
good to link it in the main Doc page where we link to other videos and
tutorials.