[IPython-user] Ruminations on Leo + IPython

Flavio Coelho fccoelho@gmail....
Tue Jan 29 14:04:28 CST 2008

On Jan 29, 2008 5:23 PM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2008 8:57 PM, Flavio Coelho <fccoelho@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Interesting ideas,
> >  Leo is the editor that I "would love to love (and use)" but can't
> really do
> > anything useful with it...
> > Maybe if you can get it integrated with Ipython, I will finally be able
> > use it
>
> Do not make the mistake of trying to develop a program with it ;-)

> Using it for programming requires drinking a dose of 'literate
> programming' kool-aid, which may not be your cup of tea (esp. if you
> are trying to start with an existing code base).

yeah, I have been  burned by it  already... ;-)

> However, try to use it like I do - to maintain notes & organize your
> thoughts. I currently do defect-fixing as my day job, so I have nodes
> for all my defects, and I attach bug tracker notes, emails, call
> stacks, chat conversations etc. to the defects to have them neatly
> organized.

Yes, that may be a good usage of it. Currently, my favorite note taking
program is basket (a kde program) which is quite nice, so I don't think I'd
move away from it...

--
Flávio Codeço Coelho
"My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who