[IPython-user] Disable multiline history?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Jan 31 01:45:00 CST 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 1:34 PM, Anthony Foglia <afoglia@physics.ucsb.edu> wrote:
>         Is there a way to turn off the multiline history in ipython?  I much
> prefer 0.7's handling of multilines as individual lines.
>
>         I often do loops, and then want to insert lines within the loop.  I
> don't think this is possible with the multiline history.  I tried using
> %edit, but calling %edit with the input line only gives the first line
> of the input, not the complete multiline command.

I don't think there's an option for it, but please go ahead and make a
ticket for it, so it doesn't fall through the cracks.  Bonus points if
you attach a patch to the ticket :)

I also would very much like this, since quite often I find myself very
annoyed at the multiline mode.  Ideally it should be easy to toggle
between the two while working, so that once can use the more
convenient mode at any given time.  I'm not sure how easy that is, I
haven't looked at the multiline implementation.