[IPython-user] import local_module requires reload(local_module)

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Thu Jan 31 02:20:13 CST 2008

On Jan 31, 2008 9:48 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> The issue is that IPython ships with Jason's path module in
> Extensions, and by default it injects Extensions into sys.path.  I'm
> not sure this is a good idea, IPython should really leave sys.path
> alone, and let users either modify $PYTHONPATH or manually tweak
> sys.path in their startup scripts if they so desire.
>
> Unconditionally modifying sys.path is likely to cause problems of this
> nature.  Ville, I think you introduced that for Extensions, any
> particular reason why? I'm thinking this should probably be fixed...

I can move 'path' to 'external', this should fix this. What I won't
fix is the addition of Extensions to sys.path, that has been discussed
previously - and 'path' is the only problematic module here.