[IPython-user] ipython emacs pylab?

David Strozzi david.strozzi@gmail....
Thu Jul 3 00:51:19 CDT 2008

Hi,

Is there a way to make ipython play nicely w/ matplotlib (namely,
pylab) from within emacs?  In a plain terminal, you can do ipython
-pylab.  Then, when you plot something, you don't have to type show()
to see it, or kill the figure to get to the prompt.

I'm almost certain there's a way.  But I re-installed linux and a
bunch of stuff got lost...  Perusal of the web hasn't helped so far.

Whatever the answer, perhaps it should be added to the comments in
ipython.el, or to:

http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/manual/index.html#x-emacs-configuration

Thanks much,
David Strozzi