[IPython-user] Some starting-out IPython questions

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson@bostream...
Sun Jul 13 06:50:14 CDT 2008

Fernando Perez skrev:
> On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Dick Moores <rdmoores@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ah. Nice. But another problem. I can't read the unit of time. See
>> attached image.
>
> That character is a 'mu' for microseconds.  I don't know why it
> doesn't display correctly under windows though.  We could be
> mis-encoding it, or it could be a font issue with the windows console.
>  Someone more knowledgeable than me on all things win32 may be able to
> help here.

Hi,

I believe the reason is that the reportstring for the timeit magic
function is built from regular strings and not unicode strings. I have
attached a patch that works on windows for me.

/Jörgen