[IPython-user] (no subject)

kevin beckford kevin@lazyweb...
Sun Jul 13 08:59:59 CDT 2008

I am struggling with a hopefully simple problem in ipython .0.8.4.  Basically,
I'm finding that I need to exit the interpreter when i add a new module to
site-packages.  I've tried reload et al, but these do not seem to have the
effect i want, ( that effect being that i can stay in the interpreter,
adding new modules to the python path , and having them available to me )

for example:  I have a machine:

I run ipython and try:

import django

This does not work because I've forgotten to actually install it.

I screen over to my admin screen, install the module and then in order to
get ipython to re-read the modules, I'm forced to exit and enter ipython
again.  Since I run ipython out of my .screenrc this is a bit inconvenient.
 How can i avoid this?

--
Kevin Beckford
Technical Lead,