[IPython-user] "0editor" ??

Dick Moores rdmoores@gmail....
Tue Jul 15 06:54:30 CDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 8:08 PM, Dick Moores <rdmoores@gmail.com> wrote:
> In [17]: y = 34
>
> In [18]: y == 34
> Out[18]: True
> 0editor
> In [19]:
>
> What is "0editor"?

I poked around some more in my ipythonrc.ini (for Windows) and found

# Prompt separators for input and output.
# Use \n for newline explicitly, without quotes.
# Use 0 (like at the cmd line) to turn off a given separator.

# The structure of prompt printing is:
# (SeparateIn)Input....
# (SeparateOut)Output...
# (SeparateOut2),   # that is, no newline is printed after Out2
# By choosing these you can organize your output any way you want.

separate_in \n
separate_out 0
separate_out2 0editor

# 'nosep 1' is a shorthand for '-SeparateIn 0 -SeparateOut 0 -SeparateOut2 0'.
# Simply removes all input/output separators, overriding the choices above.
nosep 0

I could swear I'd already done a search on '0editor'...

I commented out 'separate_out2 0editor' and I'm now rid of 0editor.

Dick