[IPython-user] Ipython-matplotlib thread issue

Arnar Flatberg arnar.flatberg@gmail....
Wed Jul 16 03:11:35 CDT 2008

Hi,

Interactive matplotlib shuts down on me.

I'm sorry, I do not have an example to reproduce the error. I don't even
have a feeling when it happens. However, better to get it reported than be
quiet,right?

I am using ipython from trunk (0.9.0.bzr.r1016 on python2.5, ubuntu 8.04
x86) and when working interactive with matplotlib (-pylab) I have (just a
couple of times) recieved the warning:

Warning: Timeout for mainloop thread exceeded
switching to nonthreaded mode (until mainloop wakes up again)

After this warning, the matplotlib figures will no longer show or an empty
figure pops up. Well, I am guessing my pylab thread got killed, right?

I have tried to reload matplolib and pylab, but that was obviously not a
remedy. To me, the only solution was to restart ipython which is a major
pain.
Is there perhaps some other way around?
Can I restart a pylab thread interactively ?

Thanks,
Arnar