[IPython-user] Ipython-matplotlib thread issue

Arnar Flatberg arnar.flatberg@gmail....
Wed Jul 16 07:15:06 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Arnar Flatberg <arnar.flatberg@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Interactive matplotlib shuts down on me.
>
> I'm sorry, I do not have an example to reproduce the error. I don't even
> have a feeling when it happens. However, better to get it reported than be
> quiet,right?
>
> I am using ipython from trunk (0.9.0.bzr.r1016 on python2.5, ubuntu 8.04
> x86) and when working interactive with matplotlib (-pylab) I have (just a
> couple of times) recieved the warning:
>
> Warning: Timeout for mainloop thread exceeded
> switching to nonthreaded mode (until mainloop wakes up again)
>
> After this warning, the matplotlib figures will no longer show or an empty
> figure pops up. Well, I am guessing my pylab thread got killed, right?
>
> I have tried to reload matplolib and pylab, but that was obviously not a
> remedy. To me, the only solution was to restart ipython which is a major
> pain.
> Is there perhaps some other way around?
> Can I restart a pylab thread interactively ?
>
> Thanks,
> Arnar

I forgot to mention, this is ipython build without parallel support (no
zope, Twisted, Foolscap or OpenSSL installed)