[IPython-user] Difficulty in setting editor to TextPad

Dick Moores rdmoores@gmail....
Wed Jul 16 19:09:28 CDT 2008

In my ipy_user_conf.py I have put this line:
ipy_editors.install_editor("C:\Program Files\TextPad 5\TextPad.exe 5")

I use -debug, and this is what it tells me:
'editor': '"C:\\Program Files\\TextPad 5\\textpad.exe"',

but

In [3]: ed versions.py
Editing... > C:\Program Files\TextPad 5\TextPad.exe 5
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
done. Executing edited code...
[snip]

It seems obvious that there still is a problem with the spaces in the
path, but I don't know what to do about them.
Help, please.

Dick Moores