[IPython-user] Difficulty in setting editor to TextPad

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Jul 16 19:14:31 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 5:09 PM, Dick Moores <rdmoores@gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems obvious that there still is a problem with the spaces in the
> path, but I don't know what to do about them.

One of our windows  experts will come to the rescue soon, I'm sure.
But this is something that should work out of the box the way you
wrote it, so I'm inclined to call it our bug (even if there's a way
for you to work around it).  Spaces in paths are common enough under
win32 that our code should handle them gracefully without the user
having to do anything special.

Stay tuned.