[IPython-user] Difficulty in setting editor to TextPad

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Thu Jul 17 08:54:27 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 3:09 AM, Dick Moores <rdmoores@gmail.com> wrote:

> In my ipy_user_conf.py I have put this line:
> ipy_editors.install_editor("C:\Program Files\TextPad 5\TextPad.exe 5")

Additional note: you need to specify the $file and $line if you really
want %ed to be of any use ;-)

So, the full command would probably be (if textpad works as specified
here: http://www.funduc.com/srexternaleditors.htm)

ipy_editors.install_editor('"C:\Program Files\TextPad 5\TextPad.exe"
${file}(${line})')