[IPython-user] confirm exit 0 the default?

Ondrej Certik ondrej@certik...
Sat Jul 19 14:45:02 CDT 2008

Hi,

I find that I am always setting the confirm exit to 0 in my
.ipython/ipythonrc each time I install ipython.

What does the majority of users prefer? confirm exit 0 or 1 by default?

I found in docs/attic/ChangeLog

2002-11-02  Fernando Perez  <fperez@colorado.edu>

    * IPython/UserConfig/ipythonrc.py: Made confirm_exit 1 by
    default. Now that the default at the confirmation prompt is yes,
    it's not so intrusive. François' argument that ipython sessions
    tend to be complex enough not to lose them from an accidental C-d,
    is a valid one.

So I guess I won't convince you, but nevertheless I find it quite
annoying that ipython asks me -- do you really want to do what you
want to do?
For example Sage sessions can also be very valuable, but it doesn't
ask you if you really want to exit.

Ondrej