[IPython-user] question about garbage collection

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Jul 22 03:49:51 CDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 8:02 PM, killian koepsell <koepsell@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you know where this extra dictionary lives?
> Is there a separate namespace created for each file that is run by the
> %run command?

Yes, there is.  And I just realized a reference to it is being kept
deep in sys.modules without being cleaned up afterwards.  Sorry 'bout
that.  I'm looking into a fix, but my first attempt didn't work.  I'll
need to code up a more careful test to ensure that not only I actually
fix it, but that we get it fixed for good.

Sorry for not having an immediate solution...