[IPython-user] confirm exit 0 the default?

Angus McMorland amcmorl@gmail....
Tue Jul 22 07:00:15 CDT 2008

2008/7/22 Ondrej Certik <ondrej@certik.cz>:

> We need much more input for this, from everyone: what do you prefer,
> confirm yes or no?

I'm with Ryan on this one - Ctrl-D-return works well as a quick quit
sequence, and gives that extra level of confidence over just a two-key
sequence, although I don't think I often accidentally type it anyway. I'd
say a further argument for keeping the confirmation on by default is that
new users won't so easily know it's an option to switch on, since they'll
see nothing, but people who want to disable the feature can probably guess
that a switch exists somewhere to do this.

Angus.
--
AJC McMorland, PhD candidate
Physiology, University of Auckland