[IPython-user] confirm exit 0 the default?

Ole Trenner ole@jayotee...
Tue Jul 22 08:04:08 CDT 2008

Ondrej Certik wrote:
> We need much more input for this, from everyone: what do you prefer,
> confirm yes or no?

Frankly, I think the confirmation question is annoying. It is very
Windows-like, where it's more common to ask the user if he really wants
to do what he is about to do.
In my experience such a confirmation question doesn't help at all in
preventing accidental actions, because users get used to clicking the
confirm button (or typing 'Y') without thinking.
So, I'm all in favor of quitting ipython with a simple CTRL-D.

Cheers,
Ole.

--
Ole Trenner