[IPython-user] confirm exit 0 the default?

Ondrej Certik ondrej@certik...
Wed Jul 23 17:42:50 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 12:01 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, given all the feedback, it seems Ondrej that there's enough
> pushback from people who do want the out of the box behavior to err on
> the side of  safety.  Given how you can use:
>
> - Exit/Quit
> - the  magic_q trick
> - the ipythonrc setting
>
> to quickly exit, we should probably let this one rest as is.

Yep. I just talked about this with Mateusz (one sympy developer) who
is at my place now and he actually likes the confirm yes.
It's interesting, because it never happened to me to pres ctrl-d
accidentaly. But he said it sometimes happen to him.

So, seems like I am in minority here.

> Sound OK?

Ok. Thanks for the discussion and sharing your views.

Ondrej