[IPython-user] matplotlibrc and ipython -pylab

Johann Cohen-Tanugi cohen@slac.stanford....
Sun Jul 27 18:59:41 CDT 2008

Hi,
I have a .matplotlib directory where matplotlibrc has GTKAgg as a
default backend, for my everyday use. But I am also developing an
ipython-base framework for other users in my collaboration, with a
custom python/ipython install which does not include pygtk. So I would
like to be be able to tell ipython/pylab to look somewhere else for the
correct matplotlibrc, or to not read it at all....
How can I do that?
ipython -pylab does a  lot before I can call rc in my modules, so I need
something upstream from my code.

thanks in advance,
Johann