[IPython-user] %who et al give too much

Yichun Wei yichun.wei@gmail....
Mon Jul 28 15:01:44 CDT 2008

I only know the following

16>  whos ndarray
Variable   Type       Data/Info
-------------------------------
a          ndarray    : 1 elems, type `int32`, 4 bytes

17>  whos type
Variable   Type       Data/Info
-------------------------------
ndenumerate       type    <class 'numpy.lib.index_tricks.ndenumerate'>
ndindex           type    <class 'numpy.lib.index_tricks.ndindex'>
number            type    <type 'numpy.number'>
object0           type    <type 'numpy.object_'>
object_           type    <type 'numpy.object_'>
poly1d            type    <class 'numpy.lib.polynomial.poly1d'>
recarray          type    <class 'numpy.core.records.recarray'>

17>  whos function
vsplit                    function    <function vsplit at 0x8820e2c>
vstack                    function    <function vstack at 0x8820d84>
who                       function    <function who at 0x8814b54>
window_hanning            function    <function window_hanning at 0x8c123ac>