[IPython-user] [IPython-dev] Porting SVN history to Launchpad - help needed.

Sun Jun 1 02:09:14 CDT 2008

Fernando Perez wrote:
> If you can find some combination of bzr merge/bundle/rebase that would
> do the trick, let me know.

(geez, I am stupid, again forgot reply to all).

I was thinking about using a bigger hammer (git + bzr export).

> It kind of annoys me that one apparently can't force a bundle to apply
> (it's just a diff, after all!). There must be a way to do this...

bundle is not just a diff: it records information about file move and
the likes (which is useless in this case, since svn does not know about
rename, it just delete/copy). AFAIK, that's one fundamental difference
between git and bzr. I would not be able to explain the differences, but
I know some people chose git for this exact reasons (and that's why I
think using git for the import will be less hassle here).

cheers,

David