[IPython-user] Persistent debugger breakpoints

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Jun 2 11:27:23 CDT 2008

Hi Tony,

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 9:14 AM, Tony Mannucci
<Anthony.J.Mannucci@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> Fernando,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> In researching this question, I realize a possible error. I now realize that
> pydb is not integrated into ipython. That would solve the problem.
>
> I guess this topic is dead in the water unless I can integrate pydb with
> ipython. What are the prospects on that front?
>
> Thanks again!

But ipython *does* support pydb.  It now has an (unfortunately
undocumented, I apologize that I didn't catch when that code went in
without documentation) flag '-pydb' that forces ipython to use pydb as
its default debugger if it's available.  If it is not found, ipython
will print an error message.  Does this do what you need, or is it
still not sufficient? Just try

ipython -pydb

and see if you get the functionality required.  Keep us posted.

Regards,