[IPython-user] Food for thought on python and interactive work

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Jun 3 02:29:51 CDT 2008

http://www.yosefk.com/blog/code-data-and-interactive-programming.html

A rant but it does raise some interesting points, some of which I
agree with (reloading in python sucks).  I know Enthought has some
tools to ease code reloading that they've been planning to release (or
perhaps already have, I've lost track).  Going forward, if we're going
to make ipython the best possible set of tools for using python
interactively, I'd like to revisit this problem head-on.  dreload()
kinda works, but at some point we should look for a more robust
solution.

I just wanted to toss this here in case anyone wants to pick it up and
run with it...