[IPython-user] stderr missing in IPython + Emacs + WinXP

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Jun 3 16:04:05 CDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 12:45 PM, Jie Tang <jietang86@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> I'm seeing the same sort of behavior you describe on IPython/Emacs/XP. It
> seems like sys.stderr has some buffering issues; if I flush the stream using
> stderr.flush() after writing to it the text displays.
>
> As a workaround I added calls to
>
> Term.cout.flush()
> Term.cerr.flush()
>
> right before IPython's "In[]" input prompt is displayed (around line 1675 in
> iplib.py)

Could you please create a bug report for this on the tracker

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ipython

that way it doesn't get lost (if you have already reported it on the
old Trac site, then don't worry.  We're not ignoring those reports).