[IPython-user] ipython1 farm tasking feature request

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Jun 3 17:50:17 CDT 2008

Hey guys,

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 2:38 PM, Alexandre Gillet <gillet@scripps.edu> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>

> I would like to get some few features added to the taskclient to expose
> more of the TaskController interface.
>
> It would be nice from the taskclient to access
> pendingTasks
> deferredResults
> finishedResults
> and the list of all the tasks send to the taskcontroller. They are
> define in the TaskController class.
>
> When I use the Taskclient interface  I am not able to get the current
> state of the queue, i.e what is the status of the queue and be able to
> retrieve which task have been sent. I think exposing the attributes
> above will allow it.
>
> Or should I use directly a TaskController instance instead of a
> client.TaskClient to get access to all of this?
> I am not sure how the create such an object.
>
> Also, when a task is completed, does it get deleted from the queue or do
> I have to do it?

I think most of these have been addressed in recent work Brian/Min did
on the task interface, am I mistaken?  If not, we should probably file
tickets on it so we don't forget.

Thanks,