[IPython-user] stderr missing in IPython + Emacs + WinXP

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Jun 5 21:58:53 CDT 2008

Howdy,

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Joe Covalesky <joe@nowsol.com> wrote:
> I tried the trunk pyreadline.  While it fix the problem that originally
> made me revert to pyreadline 1.3 (none of
> the output prompts/ stdout show up), it doesn't help with the problem
> where output to stderr is missing.

I would suggest filing a bug report on launchpad so we can properly
track this issue, summarizing your problem (when things drop off
people's inboxes they tend to  get forgotten, a bug report serves as a
long-lived nag).

I know Jorgen is in the process of moving pyreadline over to launchpad
and he might eventually want to use their infrastructure for bugs as
well.  But he mentioned he'd have some upcoming travel and there's no
point in having you jump around unnecessarily, so feel free to file it
as an ipython bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ipython

Jorgen and us keep an eye on the same components anyway, even if
pyreadline is useful outside of ipython in its own right.

Regards,