[IPython-user] Parallel computing capabilities (ipython1) have been merged into IPython trunk

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Mon Jun 9 15:15:20 CDT 2008

Hello all,

As many of you know, for the past few years, we have been developing
parallel computing tools for IPython.  In the past, these tools were
developed as a semi-separate project/branch called ipython1.
Recently, we decided to merge all of the stable parts of ipython1 into
the regular IPython trunk.  This was done for a number of reasons:

1.  The parallel computing capabilities are relatively stable and we
wanted to get them into the hands of more people.

2.  This will allow us to be more focused in our development efforts.
Now we just have one code base, one documentation set, etc.

3.  This will simplify things dramatically for our users.  Now there
is just one IPython project/download that gets you everything.

4.  It will clarify the previously confusing situation of having two projects.

If you are interested in these new capabilities, please try them out
and let us know what you think.  One caveat though - the ipython1
documentation has not yet been merged into IPython.  That will happen
in the next day or so.  Meanwhile, please let us know if you have any
questions.

Cheers,

Brian