[IPython-user] rpy.princomp missing when using ipython

Stefan Vey stefan.vey@pi.tu-berlin...
Tue Jun 10 12:36:27 CDT 2008

Hi!
I'm new to python and have a question/problem.
I am using IPython 0.8.1 (installed from repositories) on Kubuntu 7.10. When I
import rpy in ipython, I cannot access the rpy.princomp function to perform
principal component analyses. And why do I have to use "rpy." instead of "r."
which works in plain python console? This problem only exists when I use
Ipython, everything is fine in the standard python shell, so I guess the
problem is in Ipython.
hoping for help
Stefan

versions:
rpy-1.0.3 (from source)
R version 2.7.0 (2008-04-22) (from source)
IPython 0.8.1 (from repositories)
Kubuntu 7.10