[IPython-user] Parallel computing capabilities (ipython1) have been merged into IPython trunk

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Fri Jun 13 10:09:18 CDT 2008

> I am interested to try out the new features.  Has the documentation
> been updated? Is it on the web somewhere or it is distributed with the
> package download? Googling it is not helpful, since I'm not sure which
> version is the latest.

If you get the main ipython branch using Bazaar:

bzr branch lp:ipython

The documentation is in the docs/source directory.  The documentation
is in simple text files as restructured text (a simple markup
language).  If you have Sphinx installed, you can build the html docs
by doing:

$ cd docs
$ make html

Then open the main page in build/html/index.html

Most of the information is there, but some of the docs need to be
updated.  Please let us know if you need help though.

Brian