[IPython-user] Running ipython within NTemacs

Patrik Jonsson patrik@ucolick....
Wed May 7 00:29:26 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I've been using ipython for a while, and just decided that it would be nice
to have it working from within emacs on my windows machine. Here's my setup

python 2.5
ipython 0.8.2 (with readline etc)
NTemacs 22.0.92.1
python-mode.el v 465

I've created a .bat file which starts ipython with the ipython script, and
this works from outside emacs. However, if I start emacs and do "py-shell",
ipython crashes. I've attached the crash report. My .emacs says:

; ipython
(setq auto-mode-alist (cons '("\\.py$" . python-mode) auto-mode-alist))
(setq interpreter-mode-alist (cons '("python" . python-mode)
                   interpreter-mode-alist))
(autoload 'python-mode
"c:\\software\\ntemacs22\\site-lisp\\python-mode\\python-mode" "Python
editing mode." t)
(setq ipython-command "c:\\python25\\ipython.bat")
(require 'ipython)

Is this supposed to work, or can anyone say something obvious I'm doing
wrong? The documentation doesn't seem to specifically address the
emacs+windows+ipython trifecta.

Thanks,

/Patrik