[IPython-user] OS X: symbolic links, module paths, logging module

Jussi Rasinmäki jussi.rasinmaki@simosol...
Mon May 12 00:49:27 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I've run into two problems with IPython
1) I use symbolic links as shortcuts to my script from data
folders on Mac. First I %ran the script from IPython from the first
data folder, then decided to switch to a different folder (and delete
the symbolic link in the first folder), %cd to the other one and again
%run the script. The script has a bug, and the Traceback's filepath
for the script is  the one for the first run using the already deleted
symbolic link.
I guess this is the reason why I don't seem to be able to set breakpoints
for the module in pdb. This persists even after restarting ipython.
How do I fix this?
2) The script uses the logging module to log messages. The
successive %runs within IPython result in multiple console log
messages. On the second run each message shows up twice on the screen,
on the third run three time etc. Fix for this?

Thanks,
Jussi