[IPython-user] OS X: symbolic links, module paths, logging module

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Tue May 13 04:05:37 CDT 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Jussi Rasinmäki
<jussi.rasinmaki@simosol.fi> wrote:

>  1) I use symbolic links as shortcuts to my script from data
>  folders on Mac. First I %ran the script from IPython from the first
>  data folder, then decided to switch to a different folder (and delete
>  the symbolic link in the first folder), %cd to the other one and again
>  %run the script. The script has a bug, and the Traceback's filepath
>  for the script is  the one for the first run using the already deleted
>  symbolic link.
>  I guess this is the reason why I don't seem to be able to set breakpoints
>  for the module in pdb. This persists even after restarting ipython.
>  How do I fix this?

I have no clue at this point. Certainly restarting ipython should fix this...

>  2) The script uses the logging module to log messages. The
>  successive %runs within IPython result in multiple console log
>  messages. On the second run each message shows up twice on the screen,
>  on the third run three time etc. Fix for this?

Ty reload(logging). You probably set up multiple loggers in the
logging module global space, and the old ones don't disappear between
%run:s.