[IPython-user] Readying for 0.8.3 release

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Fri May 16 02:16:05 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 1:11 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> - did the PDF generation get worked out?  I know people do read the
> PDF (I've been told so several times) so not losing it would be good.

Yes, "more or less". The subheadings are still broken, i.e. almost all
the chapters are at "main level", but the documentation itself looks
good (syntax highlighting etc) and does it's job. We should probably
add a note about that, but in any case we should not let it be a
blocker for the release (anymore).

> - did you sort out how to get the magic docstrings automatically in
> the docs?  My old tool made that automatically, so it wouldn't fall
> out of sync, but I think when you did the conversion you linked them
> statically in.  They'll inevitably fall out of sync.

I generated them with %magic -rest, and pasted them to the document
manually. It's not too hard to do manually; it can also be automated,
but I just didn't do it yet.