[IPython-user] Again with the readline and Leopard

Ludwig Schwardt ludwig.schwardt@gmail....
Wed May 28 10:10:35 CDT 2008

Hi,

I've finally cleaned up and uploaded the GNU readline extension module
mentioned at http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/InstallationOSXLeopard to
the Cheeseshop, at

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/readline/2.5.1

I've built a single 4-way universal binary egg for Leopard, but
easy_install does not like the -fat CPU name. So I just duplicated the
egg for each architecture name, to allow the egg installation to go
smoothly. All five eggs on the readline page are therefore
identical...

Installation now becomes:

sudo easy_install readline

Please let me know of any bloopers!

Regards,
Ludwig

P.S. I've noticed that the editline problems seem to have gone away
with Mac OS X 10.5.2 and ipython 0.8.2... Tab completion, auto indent,
up arrow all works, just not Ctrl-R search. Makes me wonder why I
spent so much time on this module ;-)