[IPython-user] traceback display error in WinXP / Emacs / IPython / ipython.el

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed May 28 21:47:13 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 7:40 PM, Jie Tang <jietang86@gmail.com> wrote:

> I fixed this by going into ultraTB.py, which contains the traceback error
> handling code. There are four "print >>" statements which are preceded
> by "flush()" statements; putting the flush() statements after the prints
> fixed
> this problem. As far as I can tell there is no reason to have the flush
> statements
> before the prints.
>
> The print statements are around lines 352, 831, 954

Done, in the nick of time for 0.8.3 :) The stdout *should* be flushed
before printing to stderr, just to ensure that the two streams are
correctly ordered.  But the stderr flush should come before writing to
stderr.

Thanks!