[IPython-user] Macro problems with threading on

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Tue Nov 4 09:46:35 CST 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 11:11 PM, Erik Tollerud <erik.tollerud@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been encountering a rather annoying problem for a while now while
> using ipython interactively for scientific data analysis.  It seems
> that when I create a macro, only the first line of the macro can
> actually be executed:

I have now fixed this on my branch (it also has various other safe fixes):

bzr branch lp:~villemvainio/ipython/trunk-dev

> This seems to be a common use-case scenario, so I'm surprised that
> I've seen no mention of it... but I've tested this on two different
> computers (Ubuntu Hardy  32 bit and a fresh Intrepid 64 bit) and the
> same thing happens... is there a known workaround to this that I just
> missed?

It seems people don't really use macros when they are using threaded
shells. In old versions of ipython these used to hang immediately, but
nobody complained.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio