[IPython-user] How to customize ipengine at its start?

Yichun Wei yichun.wei@gmail....
Sun Nov 9 04:47:30 CST 2008

I think Min's suggestion about initializing the engines at their start
is great if it really works. Such initialization can be followed with
non-trivial MapTasks.

But my attempt to do so failed. The source code shows currently
ipengine ignore every arg passed to it. Is there an easy way (other
than via MultiEngineController) through it I can have engines
executing customized init scripts or init python statement? I see some
configuration can be down similarly to what "--mpi" option is doing,
but not as strict forward as running a init scritpt like what Min has
proposed: "ipengine -s init.py"

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.