[IPython-user] TextMate Bundle

Matt Foster matt.p.foster@gmail....
Wed Nov 12 15:10:57 CST 2008

Hi all,

I was pointed at your wiki[1] page on TextMate integration, and
decided it was such a great idea that I'd make it into a TextMate
bundle. My aim is to get it put into the official bundle repository.

To that end, I've set up a google group [2] for discussion, and made a
start (by copying and pasting, with some tweaks) at a bundle on GitHub
[3].

I currently maintain the Matlab/Octave bundle for TextMate, and I'm
gradually moving towards using python instead.
However, I'm a complete newbie to python and ipython/numpy/scipy so
I'd like to ask for any comments, suggestions or help that anyone
would like to give.

In my view, a bundle wrapping all sorts of useful functionality
(snippets/commands etc) for aiding scientific computing with python
would be best, but since it was IPython functionality that inspired me
to get started, I thought I'd ask you guys first.

If there are any TextMate users out there who would like to see this
functionality, or help out, then please join the google group.
Similarly, if I've missed something that someone else has already done
in this regard, I'd love to know.

Thanks,

Matt Foster

PS. Whilst TextMate itself in non-free, the bundles are open source,
and freely available to all. I intend to license this bundle similarly
(probably under an MIT license).

[1]: http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/Cookbook/UsingIPythonWithTextMate
[2]: http://groups.google.com/group/ipython-tmbundle/
[3]: github.com/mattfoster/ipython-tmbundle/

--
Matt Foster | http://hackerific.net