[IPython-user] TextMate Bundle

Benjamin J. Racine bjracine@glosten....
Wed Nov 12 17:23:05 CST 2008

All,

I didn't know that Matt is the maintainer of the Matlab/Octave bundle.  How exciting!

Can't E-texteditor access this bundle as well somehow?  E-texteditor is a textmate-like version on windows that does have access to the textmate bundles as well.  E isn't free either, but thought I would mention it in order to pull in more potential user interest.

I can forward this on to the other lists if you'd like Matt.

Thanks,

Ben R.

-----Original Message-----
From: ipython-user-bounces@scipy.org [mailto:ipython-user-bounces@scipy.org] On Behalf Of Matt Foster
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 1:11 PM
To: ipython-user@scipy.org; ipython-tmbundle@googlegroups.com
Subject: [IPython-user] TextMate Bundle

Hi all,

I was pointed at your wiki[1] page on TextMate integration, and decided it was such a great idea that I'd make it into a TextMate bundle. My aim is to get it put into the official bundle repository.

To that end, I've set up a google group [2] for discussion, and made a start (by copying and pasting, with some tweaks) at a bundle on GitHub [3].

I currently maintain the Matlab/Octave bundle for TextMate, and I'm gradually moving towards using python instead.
However, I'm a complete newbie to python and ipython/numpy/scipy so I'd like to ask for any comments, suggestions or help that anyone would like to give.

In my view, a bundle wrapping all sorts of useful functionality (snippets/commands etc) for aiding scientific computing with python would be best, but since it was IPython functionality that inspired me to get started, I thought I'd ask you guys first.

If there are any TextMate users out there who would like to see this functionality, or help out, then please join the google group.
Similarly, if I've missed something that someone else has already done in this regard, I'd love to know.

Thanks,

Matt Foster

PS. Whilst TextMate itself in non-free, the bundles are open source, and freely available to all. I intend to license this bundle similarly (probably under an MIT license).

[1]: http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/Cookbook/UsingIPythonWithTextMate
[2]: http://groups.google.com/group/ipython-tmbundle/
[3]: github.com/mattfoster/ipython-tmbundle/

--
Matt Foster | http://hackerific.net