[IPython-user] TextMate Bundle

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Nov 12 17:56:17 CST 2008

Hi Matt,

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Matt Foster <matt.p.foster@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,

> PS. Whilst TextMate itself in non-free, the bundles are open source,
> and freely available to all. I intend to license this bundle similarly
> (probably under an MIT license).

This is great!  While I don't use OSX myself, I have seen many osx
users swear by textmate (including our own Brian Granger and Min
Ragan-Kelley), so it would be very nice to have this feature added.

You are welcome to hold these discussions on the ipython-dev list: I
doubt that a texmate bundle would become so large as to drown us in
traffic here, and ipython developers are likely to be your audicence
anyway.  If anyone objects to this idea, please say so, but I'd rather
make it easy for such projects to start up, and only ask that they set
up separate lists if/when it becomes obvious that their traffic level
is becoming a noise issue for us.  If you decide to do this, please
simply tag your messages with [TextMate] or some such so those who
want to filter them out automatically can do so easily.

Regarding the license, MIT is nearly identical to BSD and mostly
equivalent.  I'd suggest you use plain BSD if you want us to
eventually ship it as part of ipython to simplify things, unless
there's a specific reason you prefer MIT ovr BSD (my being at Berkeley
instead of MIT notwithstanding ;)