[IPython-user] TextMate Bundle

Matt Foster matt.p.foster@gmail....
Thu Nov 13 04:28:39 CST 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:56 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is great!  While I don't use OSX myself, I have seen many osx
> users swear by textmate (including our own Brian Granger and Min
> Ragan-Kelley), so it would be very nice to have this feature added.

Fernando,

Thanks for your reply, and your enthusiastic response! It's really
encouraging that you think it's a good idea.

> You are welcome to hold these discussions on the ipython-dev list.
> If you decide to do this, please
> simply tag your messages with [TextMate] or some such so those who
> want to filter them out automatically can do so easily.

That sounds like a really good idea, I'll join the -dev list, and post
a message to the google group saying the same.

> Regarding the license, MIT is nearly identical to BSD and mostly
> equivalent.  I'd suggest you use plain BSD if you want us to
> eventually ship it as part of ipython to simplify things, unless
> there's a specific reason you prefer MIT ovr BSD (my being at Berkeley
> instead of MIT notwithstanding ;)

I hadn't considered you shipping it, but now that you mention it, it's
a great idea.
I've have no reason for choosing MIT over BSD, I just wanted to make
the 'freeness' clear.

I'll drop a license file in there with my next commit.

Cheers,

Matt

--
Matt Foster | http://my-mili.eu/matt