[IPython-user] Download a specific version via bzr?

Thu Nov 13 23:03:12 CST 2008

skip@pobox.com wrote:
> I see that I can download specific versions of ipython here:
>
>     http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/
>
> Is there some way to grab a specific version of ipython via bzr?  Once a
> specific version is downloaded, what would the equivalent of switching to a
> different tag in Subversion be?

Bzr also has the notion of a tag. If you get the trunk of ipython:

bzr tags

Will list the tags. You can then branch using the tag information:

bzr branch -r tag:"rel-0.9.1" trunk 0.9.1

Of course, if you know the tag, you can branch directly from launchpad.
Unfortunately, launchpad does not show the tags, AFAIK.

cheers,

David