[IPython-user] TaskClient doesn't work after importing a module in MultiEngineClient

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Fri Nov 14 13:29:30 CST 2008

I haven't look in detail at exactly what the tests script is doing,
but here is the problem:

You are doing something that causes the twisted reactor to be started
twice.  The reactor is started for the controller and engine
automatically when they start and for the client when you import
IPython.kernel.client.  The problem is that when you execute the
script in the engine, the engine already has the reactor running, but
at the top of the script you have the import of IPython.kernel.client,
which tries to start the reactor again.

More important question, why are you running the test script on the
engine anyways?  You shouldn't need to.  Can you tell us more about
what you are trying to do?  I might have a chance this weekend to look
over your script and make suggestions as well.

Cheers,

Brian