[IPython-user] How does ipython integrate with pydb?

Mannucci, Anthony J anthony.j.mannucci@jpl.nasa....
Fri Nov 14 23:31:26 CST 2008

I have just installed the Enthought python distribution for Mac OS X. I have
received a 10.5.5 MacBook Pro and am trying to get SciPy up and running
again, with limited success.

After installing Enthought, I lost the pydb support. When I execute with the
-pydb option, I get an error message:

$ ipython -pydb
Pydb (http://bashdb.sourceforge.net/pydb/) does not seem to be available
IPython 0.9.1   [on Py 2.5.2]

That is the same version of ipython I had installed myself and the pydb
support just worked. I abandoned the install from source because I could not
install matplotlib successfully. However, I don't want to lose pydb. Any
chance there is a way I can add pydb to the Enthought distribution? I have
searched the internet and found no information on this topic. Thanks for
your help.

-Tony

--
Tony Mannucci
Supervisor, Ionospheric and Atmospheric Remote Sensing Group