[IPython-user] How does ipython integrate with pydb?

Sat Nov 15 04:37:02 CST 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 09:31:26PM -0800, Mannucci, Anthony J wrote:
> After installing Enthought, I lost the pydb support. When I execute with the
> -pydb option, I get an error message:

> $ ipython -pydb
> Pydb (http://bashdb.sourceforge.net/pydb/) does not seem to be available
> IPython 0.9.1   [on Py 2.5.2]

Pydb is not installed in EPD. You will need to add it to EPD.

> That is the same version of ipython I had installed myself and the pydb
> support just worked. I abandoned the install from source because I could not
> install matplotlib successfully. However, I don't want to lose pydb. Any
> chance there is a way I can add pydb to the Enthought distribution?

You should be able to install it using the following command (in a
terminal):

"easy_install pydb".

However, right now the server is down, as you can see by checking output
http://pypi.python.org/simple/pydb/

HTH,

Gaël