[IPython-user] TaskClient doesn't work after importing a module in MultiEngineClient

Pecevski Dejan dejan@igi.tugraz...
Thu Nov 20 04:39:44 CST 2008

Brian Granger wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 2:16 AM, Pecevski Dejan <dejan@igi.tugraz.at> wrote:
>
>>  In utils.py there is also my own custom Cluster class which
>> encapsulates
>> some operations with the ipcluster, starting, stopping, killing engines
>> etc.
>>

> Nice!  I don't know if you are interested, but I just finished the
> first phase of a re-write of ipcluster.  It is greatly improved in
> many respects, but there is still a lot of work to do.  Would you be
> willing to share your custom Cluster class with us.  I am not how it
> would fit into our design, but we could have a look and see if we
> could use it.  We _really_ want to improve the managing of the
> engines.  My branch on launchpad has the refactored ipcluster (it has
> not been merged into trunk, but will be soon).
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~ellisonbg/ipython/trunk-dev

The Cluster class was coded by some other people from my lab. I am
attaching
the files with the code to this message, and I'm CC-ing the message to
the coders of the class. You can contact them regarding any questions
about the code.

>> But sometimes it might be necessary to use one of the engines as a
>> client connected to another ipcontroller,
>> and it seems impossible to do it, if one cannot import the client in one
>> of the engines.
>>

> Yes, this should totally work and I consider it a bug that it doesn't.
>  Could you file a bug report on our launchpad site:
>
> https://launchpad.net/ipython

I've just filed a bug-report.

cheers,
Dejan Pecevski