[IPython-user] OS X Terminal iPython history display bug

unussum@gmai... unussum@gmai...
Sun Nov 30 23:26:36 CST 2008

This issue still irritates me frequently.

To try to summarize the problem in an understandable manner, if I type
the following:

In [22]: one two three four five six sevel eight

and then press control-A to jump to the beginning of the line, the
curser jumps up to the end of the previous line. If I then press
control-F repeatedly to move forward through the text, the text I
wrote overwrites the above (basically everything is transposed
backwards that many characters (8-10ish) as such:

partway through, with the curser at the end of two:

ne two]: one two three four five six sevel eight

all the way through:
ne two three four five six seven eighseven eight

at which point it even wraps again ending in this:

                                            one two three four five
six sevel eig
ht two three four five six sevel eighsevel eight

With no In[#] prompt whatsoever.

This also occurs when using the history to pull back a long enough
line, e.g. (Using the previous line):

ht [23]: one two three four five six sevel eig

Is there some place where I could file a bug about it?

Or does anybody have an idea of where I should start looking if I
wanted to try and fix it myself?

(I don't have a whole lot of experience in stuff of this nature, but I
expect if nothing else I'd learn something from trying.)

-L