[IPython-user] ipython problem on OS X leopard: non-responsive "u" key.

Gary Church gary.church1@comcast....
Tue Oct 7 20:43:52 CDT 2008

Hello ipython users,

I recently queried the list for help on a particularly annoying
problem with ipython on OS X leopard. When I start ipython from a
terminal (I use iterm but have tried in regular term as well)
everything works fine except for the lower-case "u" key, which is
unresponsive; nothing happens in iterm and I get a "beep" in term.

A kind list-dweller tried helping with some suggestions but, alas, the
problem remains. This seems strange to me as all other functionality
(TAB completion, etc...) is present.

If there are ipython, OS X leopard users on this list that aren't
having any problems with ipython, maybe you could shed some light on
my problem? I'm not sure where to start looking for a resolution so
any suggestions are welcome :-)

Thanks much,
Gary

Gary Church