[IPython-user] ipython on OS X leopard key-press problem unresolved but no (apparent) problem with ipythonx

Thu Oct 9 00:22:04 CDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 09:23:09PM -0700, Barry Wark wrote:
> > So, things are getting better, but the font in the gui is very small
> > and there is no apparent way to scale it up larger; it's always
> > something! lol

> ipythonx is a new (and still in development) Wx-based frontend for
> ipython, written by Gael Varoquaux. At least the 'u' key works :) Gael
> can tell you much more about it (I'm sure including how to change the
> font size)...

The font size can be increased with "Ctrl+", and decreased with "Ctrl-".
There is no persistence for this. The whole options framework has simply
not been writen (and the existing one not used). This is an area where it
would be fairly easy to help.

I have started at a new research position, and I don't have the time to
do any serious development in the short run, sorry.

Gaël